My First Love
2:11 PM
Emily
The Lord is my first love but in terms of this post I have to admit that it's basketball. I love that sport. And last night I went to the home opener of the men's basketball team and it reignited my love of the sport. I played volleyball in high school also but that was a late add for me- not starting until I was in 9th grade. But basketball... that was a 5th grade rec team start. I love everything about the sport. Sometimes I wish I went to a school like UNC where the basketball team rules. Don't get me wrong I love cleat chasing the football players haha but give start a race for me after the high tops and I'm off. But it's not even the sport that I love so I can love the players but really it's goes farther than that for me. I love the emotion involved in the sport and the lingo and that I will always know the calls of the refs and plays and strategies. I still don't know all the rules and regulations of football and I've been trying to learn for four years. So going to the basketball game last night... it made me miss the community of the boys and girls teams and the thrill of knowing your teammates and them easily no questions asked being your best friends. And knowing the cheerleaders that cheer during half time and the parents that always support you no matter what. That's what I miss and that is why basketball has been and always will be my first love. I hope my true love is someone that can share in that with me, Lord :)
Posted in

No Response to "My First Love"
Post a Comment