The Last Lecture
12:20 AM
Emily
I read that book in 1 day this past summer while I was babysitting Drew. Randy Pausch spoke of his life, his achievements and the way he lived that allowed him to give this lecture with no regrets. In thinking about my future, I have thought about the things he has said about his life and the things he did. One thing that sticks out in my mind was that as an uncle, he took his nephew and niece out in his brand new car. Their mother, his sister, warned the children to be careful to not spill anything in their uncle's new car. Randy however, quickly disagreed with her and proceeded to pour a whole can of coke in his backseat to prove to the kids that it was just a car and it didn't matter. Well he was glad he had done that because later that weekend his nephew threw up all over the backseat. Because Randy had shown them that the kids meant more to him than the car, his nephew did not feel bad about throwing up. I want to live a life where things of this earth are just things. And I know that my greatest reward is in heaven. I don't want love of money to rule my life ever. And I want to be able to always be reminded, even in a brand new car, that it is still just a car and not to be treasured over something as long lasting as relationships. Because people are eternal; no matter where they are after they die they will either be in heaven or hell. And that is what matters most. I want the relationships to be what I can show the Lord when He asks me what I did on earth. Not the clean backseat I kept.
That's a hard statement- but I know the Lord and I know that as I get more of His heart and character all the time that this is it. The things of this world are fleeting.
Posted in

No Response to "The Last Lecture"
Post a Comment