The Prodigal Son's Brother

I recently realized that as of December 15th I have been praying for my future husband for a year. That is pretty cool. To be able to look back and say that the Lord has been prompting me to do that. He didn't forget about me and didn't find my prayers for my husband trivial, but instead prompted me to pray for him. Sometimes looking at the world from my view in America it seems like so many other people are so much worse off. And then in my reasoning the Lord should tend to them more. But there's enough of Him to go around.

In the parable of the prodigal son I always identified with the oldest son; the one that doesn't run away and stays diligently behind working with his father. Most pastors tell the story of the son that came back, but what about the oldest son that is so mad, I'd always wondered. Well once I heard a pastor talk about him. He said that by the prodigal son getting the fattened calf and the celebration, it still didn't take any away from the oldest son. And for the purposes of the kingdom of God, we all can take purpose in the kingdom and there is plenty of it to go around and same with the Lord. There's plenty of Him.


The Misty Edwards song that goes "Here I am your favorite one," always bothered me because there are so many people that it didn't make sense. Why do so many people get ot be his favorite. In my view of the world I only have one favorite food or favorite movie... but that's in my mind view of time and space- my very limited view. Instead, there's so much of the Lord, an infinite amount. So I can be His favorite and so can you because He's enough.

So in my prayers for my future husband, the Lord knows what's important to me and is there always all of Him.


Thank you for that Lord. For making me care about things and caring to see them through.

No Response to "The Prodigal Son's Brother"

Post a Comment

Recently Read

Recently Read