Sovereignty of God

I've been learning about the sovereignty of God lately. My uncle died about 3 weeks ago and my grandfather died two weeks ago so if God is sovereign- which he is- then I'm still trying to piece together what that means but I think it means that he is in control of everything.

"The Lord brings death and makes alive; he brings down to the grave and raises up. The Lord sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and exalts." 1 Samuel 2:6-7

Well here it says the Lord is in control. And he can harden hearts too- like he did to Pharaoh with Moses. Yet we can also make decisions in our lifetime that influence us and our lives and what becomes of our lives? Is that a relfection of how God has chosen for us to live? Or have we chosen? I mean my whole belief is based off of free will- that's how I chose to love the Lord and accept Christ. But what does that mean for people like Pharaoh?

In Isaiah it says:

"Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving. Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed." Isaiah 6: 9-10

So who chose for them?

Right now I can say that the Lord has blessed me with singleness all my life- because if it was my will I would have been in a relationship by now I'm pretty sure but the Lord has protected me and I know that he had sovereignty in that. And watching my roommates go through break-ups make me realize it that much more.

Until next week...

No Response to "Sovereignty of God"

Post a Comment

Recently Read

Recently Read