Fellowship
4:44 PM
Emily
The name of my blog comes from a bumper sticker for the AT that me and my roommate are planning on hiking this summer for two weeks. I love the wording. The complete quote is on a plaque at Springer Mountain at Georgia which describes the AT as "a footpath for those who seek fellowship with the wilderness." This alone makes me want t to hike the AT that much more. I cannot wait to go this summer and fellowship. The term fellowship makes me think of God and I want to have fellowship with him and all that he created.
I just bought a new sleeping bag last week which just came in. It's a 40 degree bag down and I think it will be suitable in the night for me.
Next week my roommate Katie and I are going to dinner with a girl that hiked the entire Appalachian Trail this past summer so she'll be able to give us useful tips. And a friend of mine is going to help us with our route and another person has had useful advice for us too.
I think that at this point the way that people always have things to say and questions to ask and advice to give when they find out I'm going this summer encourages me in knowing that fellowship will not only be with the wilderness. I'll meet people now until the time that I go that will form friendships based on our soul connection of this 2175 mile trail. Once I'm actually there I know more relationships will develop with people we meet on the trail.
Fellowship- I'm ready to embrace every form of the word in every relationship I encounter on my journey from now until the last day of my travels.
Posted in

No Response to "Fellowship"
Post a Comment